Home > LA District Attorney Won't Prosecute Kevin Spacey

News
LA District Attorney Won't Prosecute Kevin Spacey

Description

The Los Angeles county district attorney has declined to prosecute sex crime cases against actors Kevin Spacey, Anthony Anderson, and Steven Seagal, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Authorities said the statute of limitations had passed in the cases it investigated against Spacey and Seagal, while Anderson's case was dropped after his accuser declined to be interviewed by authorities. Spacey was fired from the Netflix series "House of Cards" last year after numerous men accused him of sexual misconduct and assault, dating back to the early 1980s. The particular case of alleged sexual assault against Spacey that the LA district attorney announced it dropped on Tuesday took place in 1992, authorities told THR. The case of alleged sexual assault against Seagal took place in 1993, according to court documents obtained by THR, and like Spacey's case, was ruled beyond the statute of limitations.

Added on the 04/09/2018 15:54:43 - Copyright : Wochit

To customise your video :

Or Create an account

More videos on the subject

  • Prosecutors Reject Sex Abuse Cases Involving Kevin Spacey and Steven Seagal

    LA prosecutors say they won’t file sexual assault cases against actors Kevin Spacey and Steven Seagal. The alleged incidents were from the early 1990s. Channel24.com reports the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office made no comments on the merits of the accusations. However, cited the statute of limitations involving the cases. Allegations of sexual harassment against Kevin Spacey first surfaced in October 2017. An actor reportedly recalled that Spacey made sexual advance on him when he was 14 years old. Three Hollywood actresses reported cases of sexual assault in the 1990s involving Steven Seagal.

    05/09/2018 - Wochit
  • Los Angeles DA Won't Charge Spacey, Seagal

    (Newser) – The Los Angeles district attorney's office announced Tuesday the result of three probes by its Hollywood sex crimes task force, and in all three cases no charges will be filed. Details from USA Today and Variety: Kevin Spacey will not face charges related to allegations that he sexually assaulted a man in West Hollywood in October 1992 because the statute of limitations has passed. Spacey, 59, is accused in one other case the task force is still reviewing.

    05/09/2018 - Wochit
  • Kevin Spacey Cleared Of Sex Assault Case By Statue Of Limitations

    According to Reuters, the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office will not pursue the latest case of sexual assault against Kevin Spacey. The Los Angeles DA's office stated the allegation from 1992 falls outside of California's statue of limitations. A charge evaluation sheet indicated they would not pursue charges due to the statue of limitations. The nature and origin of the accusation were not disclosed, though it involved an adult male. The Los Angeles DA's office announced they were reviewing the case last month, but they were presented with the case in April.

    04/09/2018 - Wochit
  • A Second Sexual Assault Case Against Kevin Spacey Under Investigation In L.A.

    According to a report by CNN, four months after the Los Angeles County Districy Attorney's Office started investigating a sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey, a second case is now also under official review. CNN reports that no additional information was available on the new investigation, and representatives of Spacey did not respond to a request for comment. The Los Angeles Times reports that Spacey is also under investigation for alleged sex crimes in London. Allegations began flooding in against Spacey after actor Anthony Rapp came forward with his own story in an interview with Buzzfeed in October of 2017.

    23/08/2018 - Wochit
  • LA Prosecutors Review Another Sexual Assault Case Involving Spacey

    According to Reuters, prosecutors in Los Angeles are investigating another sexual assault case involving Kevin Spacey. Los Angeles District Attorney spokesman Greg Risling stated the office was presented with the case on August 21st. Risling added that the case is under review, but did not offer further details. The LA District Attorney’s office is reviewing another case involving Spacey dating back to 1992. But over 30 other victims of Spacey's unwanted sexual advances have publicly accused the actor, including Anthony Rapp, who accused Spacey of trying to seduce him as a teenager during the 1980s.

    22/08/2018 - Wochit
  • Faut-il renforcer la taxe Gafa ? Mounir Mahjoubi : "Pourquoi pas"

    @PascaledeLaTour : "Envisagez-vous de déposer un amendement pour renforcer l'efficacité de la taxe ?". @mounir : "Pourquoi pas mais on a voté une taxe qui va permettre de rapporter entre 400 et 600 millions, c'est déjà la moitié du chemin". #LaMatinaleLCI @LCI #La26.

    25/09/2019 - LCI